COLUMBIA, S.C. (September 29, 2021) – To help ensure voters are prepared for Municipal Election Day (November 2nd), the State Election Commission wants to remind everyone of the upcoming voter registration deadlines and urge those already registered to update their information.
With over 200 local elections being held in South Carolina on Municipal Election Day, now is the time to make sure you are registered to vote. See a list of all upcoming elections in 2021.
YOU MUST BE REGISTERED BY THE DEADLINE TO VOTE ON MUNICIPAL ELECTION DAY.
Anyone not currently registered to vote in their county of residence must register by the deadline, including those in the following categories:
- Anyone not registered who will be 18-years-old on or before November 2, 2021.
- Any voter who has moved to a new county and has not registered there.
- Anyone who has moved from another state and has not yet registered in South Carolina.
DON’T WAIT, REGISTERING TO VOTE HAS NEVER BEEN EASIER.
- Register online at scVOTES.gov before midnight on Sunday, October 3rd (requires SC Driver’s License or DMV ID Card).
- Download a voter registration form from scVOTES.gov. Complete and return the form to your county voter registration office:
- By fax or email attachment before midnight on Sunday, October 3rd.
- By mail (must be postmarked by Monday, October 4th).
- Register in person at your county voter registration office. Most offices will close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 1st for in-office registrations. Check locally for specific hours.
Take two minutes to double-check that your registration is current by visiting scVOTES.gov.
State and local election officials are your trusted sources for election information. Get contact information for your county voter registration office at scVOTES.gov. Follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.