Fines and Fees Collected
- FY2009 - FY2017 fines and fees collected are included in Accountability Reports.
- FY2018 - Fines and Fees Collected
- FY2019 - Fines and Fees Collected
- FY2020 - Fines and Fees Collected
- FY2021 - Fines and Fees Collected
- FY2022 - Fines and Fees Collected
- FY2023 - Fines and Fees Collected
Requirements to Challenge a Ballot
Poll managers, any voter, and any qualified watcher may challenge the vote of a person who may be known or suspected not to be a qualified voter. A challenge may also be made if you have good reason to believe the person has already voted or has become disqualified for any cause. Challenges of ballots cast in person in the absentee precinct and at the polling place on election day must be made prior to the voter casting the ballot. No challenges can be made after that time. All challenges must be addressed to poll managers and not directly to voters. Challenges of absentee by mail ballots must be made prior to separating the ballot from absentee return envelope, which can begin as early as 9:00 a.m. on the day preceding the election. Challenges in the absentee precinct are very rare because the voter has the opportunity to make address changes or otherwise correct his voting record with election officials before casting an absentee ballot. If a challenged voter casts a provisional ballot, the challenger must appear or produce evidence at the provisional ballot hearing to sustain the challenge; otherwise, the ballot will be counted. See S.C. Code sections 7-13-810 and 7-13-830.
Below are scheduled meetings of the State Election Commission and the State Board of Canvassers. All meetings, unless otherwise noted, will be held at 1122 Lady St., Suite 500, Columbia, SC, 29201. Notices are subject to change up until 24 hours prior to meeting.
State Election Commission
All meetings held at 10:00 a.m. unless noted otherwise.
- January 18, 2023 (Agenda)
- February 15, 2023 (Canceled)
- March 15, 2023 (Agenda)
- April 19, 2023 (Agenda)
- May 17, 2023 (Agenda)
- June 21, 2023 (Canceled)
- July 19, 2023 (Agenda)
- August 16, 2023 – Regulations (Agenda)
- September 20, 2023 (Agenda)
- Pursuant to the notices of proposed regulations caused by the SEC to be published in the July 28, 2023 edition of the South Carolina State Register (Volume 47 Issue No. 7), a regulatory hearing was to be heard on September 20, 2023. The notice advised that if a qualifying request for a hearing was not received by 5:00 p.m. on Monday, August 28, 2023, the hearing would be canceled. A qualifying request was not received before this deadline. Therefore the hearing scheduled for September 20, 2023 is canceled. While the regulatory hearing is canceled, the SEC's regular monthly meeting will be still held.
- October 18, 2023
- November 15, 2023
- December 20, 2023
State Board of Canvassers (as needed)
All meetings held at 3:00 p.m. unless noted otherwise.
- September 8, 2023 - Senate 42 Primary (Agenda)
- September 21, 2023, 11:00 a.m. - Senate 42 Primary Runoff (Agenda)