Deadline to Mail Voter Registration Applications is Tuesday, October 11
COLUMBIA, S.C. (October 10, 2016) - The S.C. State Election Commission wants to remind voters that they still have one last opportunity to get registered to vote before the 2016 General Election. Anyone who mails their voter registration application by Tuesday, October 11, and is otherwise qualified, will be eligible to vote on November 8.
While there is still an opportunity to register to vote by mail, deadlines have passed to register online, by fax or email, and in-person.
Anyone who still needs to register should:
- Download an application from scVOTES.org
Direct link: http://www.scvotes.org/files/VR_Blank_Form.pdf
- Print the application
- Complete the application
- Mail the application to your county board of voter registration and elections no later than Tuesday, October 11
Mailing addresses for county boards of voter registration and elections can be found at scVOTES.org. Direct link: http://www.scvotes.org/how_to_register_absentee_voting
Anyone in the following categories must register in their county of residence by the deadline:
- Anyone who is not currently registered to vote in their county of residence
- Any voter who has moved from one county to another and has not yet registered in their new county
- Any voter who has moved to South Carolina from another state and has not yet registered in South Carolina