December 21st Voter Registration Deadline Approaches
To help ensure voters are prepared for the upcoming Republican Presidential Preference Primary, the State Election Commission wants to remind everyone of the impending voter registration deadline and urge those already registered to update their information.
Those who wish to vote in the Republican Presidential Preference Primary on January 21 must be registered by Wednesday, December 21. Voters who have moved from one county to another must be registered to vote in their new county by the deadline.
- Download a voter registration form from scVOTES.org, complete the form, and either:
- Mail the form to your county voter registration office (postmarked by December 21),
- Fax the form to your county voter registration office (received by December 21), or
- Scan the form and email the image as a file attachment to your county voter registration office (received by December 21).
UPDATE YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION:
Current registered voters who may have moved within their county or changed their name can help ensure a smoother voting process for themselves - and their neighbors - by making sure their registration is up to date. "Having accurate registration information helps ensure a voter's eligibility to vote in an election," says Executive Director Marci Andino. "It also reduces the potential for delays in the voting process at polling places."
To update your voter registration:
- Download the Voter Registration Update form from scVOTES.org and return it to your county voter registration office. (Not applicable to voters who have moved from one county to another. These voters must submit a voter registration application.)
- Update the information on the back of your voter registration card and return it to your county voter registration office. (Not applicable to voters who have moved from one county to another. These voters must submit a voter registration application.)
- Visit your county voter registration office.
CHECK YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION:Back to All News