Final Reminders for Democratic Presidential Primary
COLUMBIA, S.C. (February 1, 2024) – As the early voting period for the Democratic Presidential Primary is ending soon, the State Election Commission wants to highlight a few final reminders for voters preparing to cast a ballot on Election Day, Saturday, February 3.
Important reminders for voters voting on Election Day.
When: Saturday, February 3, 2024
Time: Polling places are open from 7:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m. Anyone in line before 7:00 p.m. will be allowed to vote.
What to Bring: Voters will be asked to present a current and valid Photo ID when checking in to vote. Acceptable Photo IDs include:
- SC Driver’s License
- SC Department of Motor Vehicles ID Card
- SC Voter Registration Card with Photo
- Federal Military ID
- US Passport
You can still vote early!
The early voting period ends Friday, February 2.
- Early voting centers are open 8:30 a.m. – 6:00 p.m. during the early voting period.
- Visit scVOTES.gov or contact your county elections office to find a list of early voting locations.
Still have your absentee ballot?
- For the ballot to count, it must be received by the county voter registration office no later than 7:00 p.m. on February 3.
- Be sure to sign the voter’s oath and have the return envelope witnessed before returning the ballot. Make sure the witness provides an address.
- Instead of mailing your ballot, consider personally delivering your ballot to ensure it arrives on time.
- You can also have an authorized returnee return your ballot for you (must complete authorized returnee form).
- Photo ID is required when returning the absentee ballot in person.
Make sure you Prep for the Polls
- Discover the candidates and more by checking a copy of your sample ballot on scVOTES.gov.
- Find FAQs and our Voter Go-to Guides for the 2024 Presidential Primaries.
- Find contact information for your county elections office.