National Voter Registration Day is September 25
COLUMBIA, S.C. (September 24, 2018) – To help ensure voters are prepared for the November 6 Statewide General Election, the State Election Commission is joining thousands of other election officials and others across the country to celebrate National Voter Registration Day.
The first step to ensuring every vote matters and every vote counts is making sure everyone has the opportunity to register to vote.
TO VOTE IN THE 2018 GENERAL ELECTION, YOU MUST BE REGISTERED BY SUNDAY, OCTOBER 7.
Are you already registered? Visit scvotes.org and click “Check My Registration” to make sure your registration is up-to-date.
There are many ways to register in South Carolina, and it has never been easier:
- Register online at scVOTES.org (requires SC Driver’s License or DMV ID Card).
- Register using the My scVOTES mobile app, available now in the Apple and Google Play stores (requires SC Driver’s License or DMV ID Card).
- Download a voter registration form from scVOTES.org. Complete and return the form to your county voter registration office:
- By fax (must be received before midnight, Sunday, October 7).
- By email attachment (must be received before midnight, Sunday, October 7).
- By mail (must be postmarked by Tuesday, October 9). Because Post Offices are closed on the day of the deadline and on Monday due to a federal holiday, mailed applications will be accepted if postmarked by Tuesday, October 9. This is the only exception to the October 7 deadline.
- Register in person at your county voter registration office. Most offices will close at 5:00 p.m. on Friday, October 5 for in-office registrations. Check locally for specific hours.
Get contact information for your county voter registration office at scVOTES.org.Back to All News