October 4 Voter Registration Deadline Approaches
Register Online at scVOTES.org
COLUMBIA, S.C. (September 30, 2014) - To help ensure voters are prepared for the November 4 General Election, the State Election Commission wants to remind everyone of the upcoming voter registration deadline and urge those already registered to update their information.
TO VOTE IN THE 2014 GENERAL ELECTION, YOU MUST BE REGISTERED BY OCTOBER 4.
- If you have moved, make sure you are ready to vote by updating your registration.
- If you have moved from one county to another, you must register in your new county by October 4 to be eligible to vote.
- If you've moved within your county or changed your name recently, it will help ensure a smoother voting process for you - and your neighbors - by updating your information prior to October 4.
REGISTER or UPDATE YOUR REGISTRATION:
- Online at scVOTES.org (requires SC Driver's License or DMV ID Card)
- At your county voter registration and elections office. Most offices will be open during the morning of Saturday, October 4. Check locally for specific opening and closing times.
- By downloading a voter registration form from scVOTES.org. Complete and return it to your county voter registration and elections office:
- By mail (postmarked by October 4)
- By fax (received by October 4)
- By email attachment (received by October 4)
mySCVOTES - Visit the mySCVOTES section of scVOTES.org on the right side of the home page.
- Online Voter Registration
- Check My Voter Registration
- Update My Voter Registration
- Get My Sample Ballot *NEW* - See the offices and candidates you'll have on your ballot.
- Find My Polling Place
- Get My Absentee Application
- Check My Absentee Ballot