SEC Certifies Partial Results of 2012 General Election
COLUMBIA, S.C. (November 14, 2012) - The State Election Commission (SEC) today certified partial results of the 2012 General Election. No results were certified for any offices appearing on Richland County ballots.
Under Order of the S.C. Supreme Court, Richland County election results will be certified by the Richland County Election Commission prior to noon, Friday, November 16; and subsequently, by the SEC. The SEC certification is set for 2:30 p.m. on Friday, November 16.
Click here to read the S.C. Supreme Court order.
Offices not included in today's certification:
- President and Vice President
- U.S. House of Representatives District 2
- U.S. House of Representatives District 6
- State Senate Districts 19, 20, 21, 22, 35
- State House of Representatives Districts 41, 70, 71, 72, 73, 74, 75, 76, 77, 78, 79, 80
- Lexington/Richland School District 5
- Statewide Constitutional Amendment Question
- Local, countywide, and less-than-countywide Richland County offices and questions. (The results of these local offices and questions will become official when the Richland County Election Commission certifies on Friday.)
The SEC also ordered a Recount for the Lexington School Board District 3, which includes parts of Lexington and Saluda counties. The recount will be performed at 10:00 a.m. on November 15. The SEC will certify the results of the recount at 2:30 p.m. on November 16.
Click here for certified results. Note that only results for those offices NOT listed above are official. Results for offices listed above won't become official until Friday. The header of the webpage will continue to read "unofficial" until Richland County results are certified.Back to All News