Thousands Register Online as October 6th Deadline Approaches
COLUMBIA, S.C. (October 3, 2012) - In less than 24 hours, more than 3,000 voters took advantage of South Carolina's new online voter registration system. The system was made available to the public at 2:00 p.m. on Tuesday, and by 10:00 a.m. Wednesday, 3,102 applications had been submitted.
"Voter registration has never been easier, and we're pleased that citizens are taking advantage of this wonderful new opportunity," says Marci Andino, executive director of the S.C. State Election Commission. "This overwhelming response proves South Carolinians are eager to make their voices heard in November."
The State Election Commission wants to take this opportunity to remind everyone of the upcoming voter registration deadline and urge those already registered to update their information.
You must be registered by October 6th to vote in the November 6th General Election.
Voters who have moved from one county to another must be registered to vote in their new county by the deadline.
- REGISTER ONLINE
- Requires S.C. Driver's License or DMV ID
- If you have moved, you must first update your address with DMV
- Register in person at their county voter registration office
- Download a form, complete it, and mail it to their county voter registration office
- Download a form, complete it, and fax it to their county voter registration office
- Download a form, complete it, and email it as an attachment to their county voter registration office
UPDATE YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION:
Current registered voters who may have moved within their county or changed their name can help ensure a smoother voting process by making sure their registration is up to date:
- If you have a S.C. Driver's License or DMV ID card, you can update your address using the online voter registration application. If you haven't updated your DMV address, you must do that first:
1. Update your address with DMV
2. Update your voter registration address
- Download the Change of Address form from scVOTES.org and return it to your county voter registration office
- Update the information on the back of your voter registration card and return it to your county voter registration office
- Visit your county voter registration office
CHECK YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION:
- Check your voter registration online at scVOTES.org
- Call or visit your county voter registration office
Find the 2012 General Election Voter Checklist, voter information brochures, voter registration posters, and more on the home page at scVOTES.org.Back to All News