Voter Registration Deadline for Primaries Approaches
COLUMBIA, S.C. (May 2, 2012) - To help ensure the upcoming State Primaries run as efficiently as possible, the State Election Commission is reminding South Carolinians of upcoming voter registration deadlines and urging voters to update their information.
To vote in the Primaries on June 12th, you must be registered by May 12th.
Voters who have moved from one county to another must register in their new county.
TWO WAYS TO REGISTER:
1. Visit your county board of voter registration and complete an application.
- In person by May 12 (check locally for Saturday hours)
- By mail (must be postmarked by May 12)
- By fax (must be received by May 12)
- By email with signed form attached (must be received by May 12)
CHECK YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION
Current registered voters can help ensure they experience a smooth voting process at the polls by making sure their registration information is up to date.
- Check your information online
- Check your voter registration card.
- Call or visit your county voter registration office
UPDATE YOUR VOTER REGISTRATION
- Visit your county voter registration office , or
- Download the Voter Registration Update form and return it to your county voter registration office. (Voters who have moved from one county to another must submit a new application.)
VOTING IN PRIMARIES
South Carolina does not have registration by party. On primary day, registered voters may choose to participate in either party's primary, but not both. In the event of a runoff, voters who voted in the primary are limited to voting in the same party's runoff.Back to All News