Voter Registration Deadlines for PPP Fast Approaching
COLUMBIA, S.C. (January 19, 2016) - To help ensure voters are prepared for the upcoming Presidential Preference Primaries (PPPs), the State Election Commission wants to remind everyone of the upcoming voter registration deadlines and urge those already registered to update their information.
TO VOTE IN THE REPUBLICAN PPP, YOU MUST BE REGISTERED BY JANUARY 20.
TO VOTE IN THE DEMOCRATIC PPP, YOU MUST BE REGISTERED BY JANUARY 27.
- If you have moved, make sure you are ready to vote by updating your registration.
- If you have moved from one county to another, you must register in your new county by the deadline to be eligible to vote.
- If you've moved within your county or changed your name recently, it will help ensure a smoother voting process for you - and your neighbors - by updating your information prior to the deadline.
Register online at scVOTES.org (requires SC Driver's License or DMV ID Card)
- Register online before midnight on the day of the deadline
You can also register by:
- Visiting your county voter registration and elections office.
- Downloading a voter registration form from scVOTES.org. Complete and return it to your county voter registration and elections office:
- By mail, (postmarked by the deadline)
- By fax (received by the deadline)
- By email attachment (received by the deadline)
mySCVOTES - Visit the mySCVOTES section of scVOTES.org on the right side of the home page.
- Online Voter Registration
- Check My Voter Registration
- Update My Voter Registration
- Get My Sample Ballot
- Find My Polling Place
- Get My Absentee Application
- Check My Absentee Ballot